Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Best Comedy 2008 - Tropic Thunder: Winner


I have had my fill for the time being, but I must have watched the Tropic Thunder DVD 4 times after I bought it. The more times I watched it the more jokes I picked up on, and laughed harder at the jokes I was already familiar with. The movie is just genius. The talent alone makes this a must see, Stiller, Black, and Downey Jr! Tropic Thunder is a concept that comes from a place that is bizaro world, an action war movie within an movie Hollywood satire. The beginning of the film brilliantly sets the pace for what the viewing audience is in store for. I don't think I ever laughed as hard as I did in a theater than I did during the opening moments of Tropic Thunder. Some of the best spoof/satire stuff I have seen in a lonnnng time.
A Vietnam-war memoir film is being made. The movie is Tropic Thunder and it's early in the shooting, but they're already behind schedule and over budget. In danger of the movie being shutting down, the director takes the cast and crew into the heart of the jungle to really capture the essence of war. When the production is attacked by local guerrilla drug dealers, the cast and crew don't realize these aren't actors who are stocking them. The guerrillas kidnap Tugg Speedman, an actor whose star seems on the decline, and it's up to the rest of the ragtag team to band together long enough to attempt his rescue.
Tropic Thunder is not my favorite comedy rated on laughs(with exception to the fake trailers). I honestly laugh harder with Pineapple Express and Role Models. What makes Tropic Thunder my 'best' pick is weighed on how smart the comedy is. I have enjoyed it more every time I have watched it. My favorite moments in the movie are every moment. It's an A+ and as always enjoy!!!
~Caleb

No comments: