Saturday, June 30, 2012

TED

One of the funniest movies I've seen this year. TED is the new comedy from Seth McFarlane creator of FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD. Being the hardcore THE SIMPSONS fan that I am when FAMILY GUY first aired I could've cared less which is sad because I could have been laughing years ago. It wasn't until FAMILY GUY did the Star Wars spoof BLUE HARVEST that I started watching the show on a regular basis. I was instantly a fan of Seth McFarlane's sense of humor. When it was announced Mcfarlane was going to do a feature film I could not wait.

TED really knocked it out the ballpark for me. I laughed practically every minute and I really liked the story.

Mark Wahlberg plays John who as a kid growing up never really had any friends. One Christmas John gets a teddy bear and it instantly becomes his favorite toy. John makes a wish that his new friend could actually become real so that way they can be best friends for real. The wish comes true and they have been best buds ever since.

During their formative years John and Ted are inseparable. Somewhere along the way because of the “magic” that is Ted he becomes somewhat of a celebrity. But just like Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber in 4 years no one will give a rats ass.

Now 35 years old John still has his best bud Ted but also an awesomely hot girlfriend Lori (Mila Kunis, meow). John and Lori have been dating for 4 years and they both are wanting to take the relationship to the next step but John isn't quite ready. John really loves Lori but is he ready to part ways with his best bud Ted?

Giving you a play-by-play of the jokes in the movie wouldn't do them justice in fact you'd probably think this movie sounded terrible and never take a recommendation from me seriously ever again, but most of all it'd be down right rude of me to spoil even one joke.

TED works because it's funny and the laughs just keep coming and coming. McFarlane's humor is edgy but not without charm and that's what I like most about it that it's not being offensive solely for shock value. It's not hard to find a walking, talking, and vulgar teddy bear not charming and funny.

The supporting cast is quite funny in this as well. Joel McHale as Lori's boss is pretty classic. The sub plot of an obsessed crazy father wanting to buy Ted is great too. TED does have the best cameo in a movie since ZOMBIELAND! It's not being kept secret as much as the one in ZOMBIELAND was but I won't ruin it for you.

If you are a fan of Seth Mcfarlane's sense of humor then you'll love TED and I highly recommend it!

No comments: