Here are the films that did not make the list: The Wolverine, Fast and Furious 6, The Lone Ranger, World War Z, The Great Gatsby, Elysium, White House Down, and Kick Ass 2
10. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - This one may shock a lot of people, heck it shocked me. For weeks this film stayed in my top 5 of the summer, but after some deep soul searching and the release of better films STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS kept dropping. Oh, and the fact that when it hits home video next month with one of the most basic special features (audio commentary) only being available on iTunes is a major fail! Digital Copy and Cloud technology sucks, if I buy something I should physically own it!
9. THE HEAT - Third best comedy of the summer. I love the buddy cop genre and it's been far too long since I've seen a good one. THE HEAT delivers.
8. YOU'RE NEXT - This one came out of nowhere it feels like. The first time I saw the trailer was when I saw the Evil Dead remake and my first thought was that it looked like your standard by the numbers THE STRANGERS knock off. I was wrong. This Labor Day weekend go see this awesome horror movie!
7. MAN OF STEEL - Just like with STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS this film remained high on the list but continued to drop. I'm over the whole "destruction porn" debate. This film is a pretty badass Superman movie; however, the end does get a little tiresome. That's the only reason it's sitting at number seven.
6. THE CONJURING - I think it's safe to say that my number six pick is my favorite horror movie of 2013!
5. THIS IS THE END - Okay starting September 5th you have one week to see why THIS IS THE END is one of my favorite movies of the summer when it gets re-released to theaters. Check it out!
4. PACIFIC RIM - This one was my favorite for the longest time. The longest time! But I cannot deny how much this next movie rules over it! Seriously though, PACIFIC RIM is not to be taken lightly. This movie exceeded every expectation I had for it.
3. IRON MAN 3 - Three words. Director Shane Black. Nuff' Said.
These next two films are serious contenders for my favorite film of 2013.
2. KINGS OF SUMMER Haven't reviewed this one yet. Thinking of saving it for the end of the year. But yes, this movie took me by surprise. Coming-of-age films are probably my favorite kinds of movies. I think it's because of my love for nostalgia. See KINGS OF SUMMER the first chance you get. I think it's comes out on video real soon?
1. THE WORLD'S END Yep. I'm bias. Edgar Wright is one of my favorite directors working today. He hasn't let me down yet. And THE WORLD'S END is a fitting finish to a perfect trilogy.