Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

We watched "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang", which stars Val Kilmer, Robert Downey Jr., & Michelle Monaghan. Directed by Shane Black, which was his first and only direction thus far. However, you may know the following films that he either wrote or co-wrote: Lethal Weapon 1-4, The Monster Squad, The Last Boy Scout, The Long Kiss Goodnight, & also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Caleb had seen this movie before; I had not. From the very beginning I was hooked. Robert Downey Jr. also does the narration for this film. Not only is he good at narrating, but the narration is done in a new, refreshing comedic style.

This movie is a murder mystery, but it goes another step further by adding comedy. It's amazingly funny, but not cheesy. Sometimes if comedy is added to a certain movie, it can become contradicting or wrong. This movie brilliantly brings out something that is hard to put into words (and could take all day...I'm not that motivated). All I can say is that Kilmer & Downey Jr. are fantastic together. They play off of each other so well; like an old Hollywood Duo from the past.

I recommend this one. I will say that it does have some language, so if that offends you, then..........well you can make that decision. I think I am going to buy this one, because I can & will watch it again.

A few favorite lines:
B-Movie Actress: So, what do you do for a living?
Harry: Uh, I'm retired. I invented dice when I was a kid. How about you?



Perry: [on the phone] What do you mean they gave her back?


Harry: I peed on the corpse. Can they do, like, an ID from that?
Perry: I'm sorry, you peed on...?
Harry: On the corpse. My question is...
Perry: No, my question. I get to go first. Why would you pee on corpse?



Perry: Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call.
Harry: Bad.
Perry: Excuse me?
Harry: Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the machanism that allows you to sleep...
Perry: What? Badly's an adverb. Who taught you grammar? Get out. Vanish.


Rating: B+

This concludes this broadcast............
.............until the next time.

---SammyB

No comments: