Friday, April 11, 2008

April Fools Day (2008)


Normally when it comes to direct to video horror I stay far away. It wasn’t until reading an interview about the remake; I started to think about giving the movie a shot. In the wake of Hollywood horror remake trends, I was surprised that a movie like this skipped the theater. After watching the movie I wasn't that surprised anymore. The new "April Fool's" revolves around a party given by two rich siblings for their friend. Tragedy strikes when a friend falls over a balcony and dies. One year later, the teens responsible for the accident become the targets of a twisted killer who begins hunting them down one by one. No way around it, April Fools Day is just bad. Unfortunately it wasn't a so bad it's good movie. The story was something that would have been somewhat interesting if the movie was made somewhere between I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 3. The acting in the movie was so lazy. I am sure you could find better acting from shows like The Hills. The one thing I did like in April Fools Day was the decent production design. I should have known better. Looks like the joke is on me. April Fools Day gets an F. Avoid! ~Caleb

No comments: