Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodbye Paul


A true living legend of cinema has left us, Paul Newman passed away at the age of 83 from cancer. I believe for the record and without a shadow of doubt, that Mr. Newman was one of the best actors to grace the silver screen. The man was an icon and a benchmark for other great Hollywood leading men. 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' to my best recognition was my first introduction to Paul Newman. Watching the movie with my parents on T.V and remembering hearing such great things they would say about Newman and Redford, as their child I took every word to heart.

In high school and ever since then, my favorite Paul Newman movie is 'Cool Hand Luke'.

Anybody not familiar with Newman's work, I urge you to check out his body of work on www.imdb.com and see for yourself what classics he has made.

Paul Newman was also a humanitarian, which he won an award for in '94. Newman's charitable giving include Hole-In-The-Wall Gang, a camp for seriously ill children, and his famous Newman's Own products.

No comments: