Friday, November 28, 2008

The real Twilight



To see Twilight or not to see Twilight, that is the question, and the answer is, nope. Before my claws come out, let’s get one thing clear, I understand the whole point and draw of the film. Do I agree, absolutely not? In my research and talking to friends, I have found some laughable and inexcusable things. Concerning the subject of vampires and what myth Stephenie Meyer created. I love vampire movies and there are rules that you do not mess with, period. Tons of films and novels have had different takes on what a vamp can or cant do, creatures of the night that can eat garlic and wear crosses is fine, but day walking and reflections in mirrors is going too far. In the novel and movie Twilight, why even call them vampires? If the so-called vampires can walk around during the day, why call your novel/movie Twilight? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Stephenie Meyer's favorite books are the Harry Potter series, and that her favorite movies are Underworld and Underworld 2.

If you like the Twilight books and movie may I politely recommend something that has a love story with real vampires?
That's right kids, Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Except no substitutes, trust me and buy or rent seasons 1-3 and you will start to forget about Twilight. The two lovebirds in Twilight have nothing on Buffy and Angel.

~Caleb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! SOOOOOOOO true! I love it! Even though I did read and enjoy Twilight I MUST agree with you one-hundred percent! Buffy and Angel are so much better and hotter than Bella and Edward will ever be, and also the vamp thing no vamp, walks around sparkling in day light!!!
Love. Becca! Buffy FOREVER!!!!