Saturday, December 31, 2016

Looking Forward to in 2017

2017 is the year I turn 40. Wow, hard to believe! It's also the year where I'm going to be so busy I can't see straight. For starters I have 3 months to loose 50 pounds before my birthday. It's a lifestyle change not a resolution! Secondly, 2017 is the year I'm going to start making movies. And last but not least, transition to a website instead of a blog. For the past few weeks I've been analyzing too much that I can't continue to review movies and make movies at the same time? That I can't do both? Challenge accepted!

I'm ready for 2017. Seeing that I already posted my favorite movies of year, I figured I'd get one more post in before the end of 2016. With Springfield getting it's very own Alamo Drafthouse in Spring of 2017, I thought it'd be nice to list my most anticipated films of 2017. It's still early, but there is already a good amount on the slate for next year. Let's get to it shall we!

And as far as order goes, lets rank them from least to most anticipated. I think 15 should be enough! Keep in mind these will be mostly genre films and summer blockbusters.

LA LA LAND

Yes I know, this film was released last year but we're probably getting it in theaters early 2017 if at all? I loved the directors last film WHIPLASH and I greatly appreciate old Hollywood musicals, and LA LA LAND looks like one if you ask me!

SILENCE

Another 2016 release, but the film doesn't get a wide release until January. Don't let me down Springfield!

LIVE BY NIGHT

Okay, this is the last 2016 release I swear. Same situation as SILENCE, and with Afleck notorious for casting beautiful people in his gritty crime dramas (THE TOWN), the major multiplexes shouldn't have a problem releasing it?

JUSTICE LEAGUE

A DC Comics superhero team-up movie, of course I'm looking forward to this it! Hopefully Warner Bros has heard the constructive criticism as they continue to move forward with the DCEU. I just hope they don't hire Trailer Park to edit these movies anymore?

GHOST IN THE SHELL

This is probably going to be weird and terrible, but in a good way I'm hopping. And let's be honest, fans of the original animated film are going to roast it anyway. Nerds are a hard sell, which is good but...

BLADE RUNNER 2049

Even with a visionary director at the helm, I don't see how they can pull this off? I bet they do!

THOR: RAGNAROK

This better be Thor and Hulk having adventures in space and we get to see Space-Gladiator Hulk!

A CURE FOR WELLNESS

Super creepy asylum film from the director of THE RING. Sold! Plus it looks very inspired from 70's cinema. Double sold!

ALIEN: COVENANT

Fans of the franchise and haters of PROMETHEUS should be pleased. I think they heard your complaints.

WONDER WOMAN

The wait for a Wonder Woman is finally over! Why did it take so long for a superhero movie like this to come out? The trailer is fantastic. Cannot wait!

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO

I'm ready for another story in this universe. LOGAN

Potential to be the greatest comic book movie ever!

KONG: SKULL ISLAND

Favorite film of the year excitement on this one! Fingers crossed this will be the first movie I see at Alamo Drafthouse!

STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII

Will we find out who Rey's parents are? Will Kylo Ren betray the Dark Side like his grandpa? I cannot wait to find out!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Super predictable pick I know but there is a reason this is probably everybody's most anticipated film of 2017!

Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments: